OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE HEALING
THROUGH CLINICAL EXPERTISE & GOD'S LOVE.
We are a gospel-centered, professional counseling ministry offering low-cost, confidential counseling to those in Houston area. We are a caring team of state-licensed or certified counselors united in like-minded interventions and philosophies.
Sessions may be trauma-focused, attachment-focused, based in TBRI® (Trust Based Relational Intervention), and biblically-grounded. We gladly accept clients regardless of faith background; being a Christian is not a requirement, and we will focus on prayer and other Christian practices only as is appropriate for each individual.
Transformational healing and growth is a work of God. Our tools are powerless without God. As counselors, we consider ourselves instruments used by God to bring about life. We depend on him and trust that He will fulfill His promises in the lives of his followers. We consider it a privilege to be witness and companions to those we serve.
Apollos was an early church leader mentioned in the books of Acts and 1 Corinthians. He is described as an enthusiastic and educated preacher, but he was lacking in the knowledge and power of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 18, Priscilla and Aquilla recognized his need for more instruction, and they taught Apollos more fully about Jesus Christ. Apollos then used this more complete and accurate understanding to preach powerfully, defending the faith and spreading the Good News.
- GROUNDED IN TRUTH -- We stand on a foundation of biblical & clinical understanding.
- MOTIVATED BY LOVE -- We joyfully share our knowledge for the benefit of others.
- EMPOWERED BY THE SPIRIT -- We rely on the Spirit to guide, convict, & transform.
“...Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.”
1 Corinthians 3:5-6
About our sessions:
- Sessions last approximately 45-50 minutes. Most clients begin with regular weekly sessions. Clinicians may work with clients to reduce sessions to every other week, monthly, or as needed, if appropriate.
- Telehealth sessions may be possible for either regular sessions or make-up sessions for mature teens, adults, couples, and groups. Most minors will be seen in person due to the nature of therapies provided, unless otherwise discussed with your clinician.
- Occasional groups are offered for various age groups and needs. Stay up-to-date on upcoming groups by subscribing to our quarterly newsletter!
Scheduling your first session:
- Leave us a message at 832-706-2360. Please include your name, phone number, and an email address.
- We will contact you back within 2 business days to complete an intake questionnaire, which provides us with your contact information, availability, and general reason for seeking counseling. If you are looking for a specific type of therapy (such as EMDR), please mention it! We aim to pair you with the best counselor for your specific needs and goals.
- If there is no wait list, we will contact you back within 1 business day to confirm your counselor and schedule.
- We will send you access to our client portal, where you will complete intake forms including documents such as informed consent, practice policies, and any relevant questionnaire(s) prior to your first session. If sessions are being scheduled for a minor, the first session will be with parent(s)/guardian(s) only, in order to discuss concerns, expectations, and goals.
- Children (ages 3-11)
- Adolescents (ages 12-17)
- Adults (ages 18+)
Foster/adoptive/kinship community: We have a special heart for those previously or currently in the foster/adoptive community. Click "Payment Overview" below for information regarding a scholarship for individuals and families who qualify.
We work to heal these issues (& more):
- Depression, grief, PTSD, trauma, anxiety, suicidal ideation
- Stress management, insufficient coping skills, self-esteem, eating disorders
- Codependence, unhealthy relationships, anger management, forgiveness
- Premarital counseling, marriage enrichment, divorce
- Parenting, infertility
- Sexual abuse, emotional abuse, spiritual abuse
- Pornography & sexual addiction
Therapies offered depend upon clinician and client need. If you are looking for a specific type of therapy (such as EMDR), please mention this when you contact us as a new client. Click "Therapies & Philosophies" below for detailed information.
Our prices vary between $55, $85, and $110, based upon the clinician's credentials. Click "Rates & Qualifications" to the right for more information. Scroll down to Meet Our Counselors!
FBC Member Discount: $20 off per session
Advance Pay Discount (6 sessions, renewable): $10 off per session
Adoptive/foster/kinship families and individuals may be eligible for a partial scholarship from Greater Grace Ministry. Contact GGM or Apollos for more information.
Note that we are a self-pay clinic -- we do not accept insurance or Medicare/Medicaid. We can provide a superbill for you to request reimbursement from your insurer, but we cannot guarantee that they will provide any reimbursement.
Payments are managed by credit/debit card through your client portal. You may be able to use your HSA or FSA card for payment. Please verify with your HSA/FSA provider.
Please pray for our clients and their families to be freed from bondage, and to be healed and restored to a life of joy.
Please pray for our counselors and staff to have provision, guidance, protection, and support.
"Finally, our friends, please pray for us. This will help the message about the Lord to spread quickly, and others will respect it, just as you do." 2 Thessalonians 3:1
Your donations support our mission by keeping our costs low and our quality high. Monetary donations are used to purchase new supplies and treatment resources, to bring the latest advanced trainings to our team, and to fund the Rapha Scholarship, available to individuals and families with financial need seeking counseling services.
Donate to Counseling Scholarship Fund
*NOTE: WE ARE A MINISTRY OF FAIRFIELD BAPTIST CHURCH AND FUNDS ARE PROCESSED THROUGH THEIR SUBSPLASH WEBSITE.
We may also be accepting gently used toys for play therapy, furniture, children's books (especially ones related to mental health), etc. Please contact us if you have items that you are interested in donating!
Whether you are looking for a one-day service project, a weekly volunteer schedule, or a summer student internship, we have options for you!
Current areas of need include:
-Counseling Student Interns (currently enrolled in master's program in counseling or related field)